Omar Abdulaziz Alomar
Omar is a UAE qualified lawyer with more than 15 years’ experience in handling UAE Court litigations.
Omar has higher rights of audience before the UAE local Emirate Courts as well the UAE Federal Courts. He has advised clients in more than 500 UAE court cases. Omar has long-standing experience in presenting arguments to criminal courts and has secured a number of high profile mandates.
Omar previously held the position of General Counsel at a leading regional conglomerate where he handled all government contracts as well as supervising the in-house team that dealt with all disputes (including employment, procurement as well as general commercial disputes).
Omar also worked in private practice for a leading local law firm specialising in commercial litigation and employment disputes. He has also advised and represented clients on matters relating to inheritance and estates for many of the wealthiest families in Dubai and Sharjah.
- Acting for Insurance companies in a multitude of cases (including Al Ain Ahlia Insurance Co. and Al Dhafra Insurance Co.) claim value of cases averaged at approximately AED 5 m each);
- He regularity acts on behalf for a number of local newspapers in all their UAE court cases;
- Successfully acting on behalf of a finance agent against lead syndicator in a dispute arising out of a finance of a major real estate project;
- Successfully acting for Asad Allah against Chise Tower Limited and Al Masa International for real-estate development in a real estate and construction disputes;
- Successfully acting for Saudi entity in relation to a cancelled investment contract with IWB commercial brokers and their owner Ahmed Bin Thanian Alsubaii;
- Successfully acting for Tamweel in relation to a dispute arising out of a construction contract with a Chinese entity;
- Successfully acting for a UAE entity against Hamdan Al Owaini in relation to outstanding monies arising out of a commercial contract;