Our lawyers have acted as counsel, co-counsel and experts in international and local arbitral proceedings. Several members have also acted as arbitrators.
We have conducted arbitration cases subject to many of the regional and international arbitration rules, including DIFC-LCIA, DIAC, ADCCAC, ICC, LCIA, UNCITRAL and CRCICA as well as adhoc. Several members of our team sit as arbitrators and have a unique understanding of the workings of arbitral proceedings.
- Acting as local counsel assisting a leading international law firm in an ongoing Investment Treaty arbitration, arising out of a USD 100 million investment in a GCC state.
- Advising on a CRCICA arbitration between a multinational mobile telecommunications network operator and a local company, value of dispute USD 250m (Cairo seat, and Egyptian law).
- Co- counsel in an adhoc arbitration between a state owned enterprise and foreign investor involving a EGP 1.2 billion (then valued at USD 300m) real estate dispute.
- Acting for European oil and gas company with its local Sharjah partner in relation to an ICC arbitration value of claim approx. USD 10m.
- An Egyptian construction conglomerate in an ICC arbitration involving a joint venture for the development of a major real estate project in Alexandria.
- Acting for a US petroleum services company in a CRCICA arbitration with its local, Egyptian, partner on profit distribution valued at USD 55m.