Omar Abdulaziz Al Omar is a UAE qualified lawyer with more than 15 years of experience in handling UAE Court litigations. Omar Al Omar started his career working for a leading regional conglomerate he was eventually promoted to general counsel and personally handled all government contracts; and dealt with issues arising out of these major projects. Omar also supervised the inhouse team that dealt with all disputes (including employment, procurement as well as general commercial disputes). Omar then moved to private practice where he worked for a leading local law firm specializing in commercial litigation and employment disputes.
Omar has higher rights of audience before the UAE local Emirate Courts as well the UAE Federal Courts. He has advised clients in more than 500 UAE court cases. Omar has a long-standing experience in presenting oral arguments to criminal courts and has secured a number of high profile mandates which were reported in UAE newspapers (including Emarat Alyoum).
He has also advised and represented clients on matters relating to legal inheritance and estate cases for many of the wealthiest families in Dubai and Sharjah;
- Acting for Insurance companies in a multitude of cases (including Al Ain Ahlia Insurance Co. and Al Dhafra Insurance Co.) claim value of cases averaged at approximately AED 5 m each);
- He regularity acts on behalf for a number of local newspapers in all their UAE court cases;
- Successfully acting on behalf of a finance agent against lead syndicator in a dispute arising out of a finance of a major real estate project;
- Successfully acting for Asad Allah against Chise Tower Limited and Al Masa International for real-estate development in a real estate and construction disputes;
- Successfully acting for Saudi entity in relation to a cancelled investment contract with IWB commercial brokers and their owner Ahmed Bin Thanian Alsubaii;
- Successfully acting for Tamweel in relation to a dispute arising out of a construction contract with a Chinese entity;
- Successfully acting for a UAE entity against Hamdan Al Owaini in relation to outstanding monies arising out of a commercial contract;