Our team has an exceptional record in litigation. We handle disputes in a wide variety of sectors including construction, banking, general commercial, real estate, oil & gas, IP and TMT.
Members of our team have worked in both civil and common law systems. We have rights of audience before all the UAE Courts and Union Supreme Court. Members of the team are also Part II registered with the DIFC Court.
- Acting on behalf of a European Government on a multi-jurisdictional case lead by a London City firm. It is the largest value claim currently being heard by the UAE Courts.
- Acting on behalf of a US Investment fund in a USD 500 million UAE court case against a local UAE bank in a complex and multi-party matter.
- Acting on behalf of a North African Sovereign Wealth Fund on a number of local Court disputes arising from their substantial investment portfolios in the UAE, valued at over AED 1 billion.
- Acting as local counsel on an Investment Treaty claim brought against an Arab state.
- Acting for UAE PJSC, in relation to a dispute arising out of a USD 350 million property investment situated in the UAE.
- Acting on behalf of a contractor in defending an AED 1.6 billion insurance claim.
- Acting for a contractor on a USD 2bn dispute with the employer of a mega project in Saudi Arabia.